Building Muscle Mass - 5 Bodybuilding Tips For Hardgainers

Have you been working really hard on your bodybuilding program, training hard to build muscles and downing tons and tons of expensive weight gain supplements and protein shakes but none of what you've tried so far seem to work?
building muscle mass

I know how you feel. I used to be a skinny runt, too. I'd been cursed with insane metabolism, twig-like limbs, small frame and I had the strength of a 70 year old.

I used to spend hours and hours at the gym; I used to buy every bodybuilding magazine there was in search for the next miracle bodybuilding program that might work for me; I even used to spend well over $600 a month on things to do with building muscles and putting weight on, but all I got were constipation and a dreadful nauseous feeling every time I knew it was time to down another one of my "weight gain" miracle cures.



I kept fantasizing about getting big and ripped, but none of what I tried worked.

Honestly, I was ready to throw the towel in when I chanced upon this e-book written by a guy who used to be skinny like me but within 6 months, he went from a scrawny 139-lb weakling to a robust 197-lb muscle man with 10% body fat.

His name was Vince DelMonte, and he wrote the e-book called No Nonsense Muscle Building.

I was skeptical at first, but then I thought I was probably better off taking advice from a guy who was skinny like me, than take advice from someone who was genetically predisposed to grow muscles with very little exercise anyway. Maybe that's where I was going wrong.

So I applied No Nonsense Muscle Building, and within 2 months I was able to gain almost 5kg! Not all of that was pure muscle of course, but I was ecstatic because I never gained weight that fast before. I'm still working on getting to 220 lbs with 8% body fat which is my target.

See, people like us need to play by a different set of rules. It's useless trying to get big by following the weight training programs of huge guys who can practically grow their pecs just by coughing.

Vince Del Monte laid out some bodybuilding tips which I diligently followed. Here are just 5 of the most effective principles I learned from him that worked for me:

Building Muscles Mass Rule #1: Load up with Huge servings of Wholesome, Healthy Food 
every 3 to 4 Hours. Your diet is one of the biggest factors (the others being your lifestyle and weight training program) that will determine your bodybuilding success, so make sure you get this right.

It's really just common sense as Vince pointed out: If you're always nourishing or feeding your muscles, they have no other alternative but to grow. If you deprive them of proper nutrition, your muscles will be starved and it will be impossible for them to develop and increase in size!

Eat generous portions of foods like: Organic Fruits Organic Vegetables Nuts and seeds - good sources of high-quality good fats Legumes and sprouted grains Lean meats and/or seafood

The rule is to ensure you're running on CLEAN fuel. Avoid foods that are high in fat, high in sugar, simple carbs, processed foods, foods that are high in preservatives and anything that have ingredients you can hardly pronounce or spell.

Building Muscle Mass Rule #2: Conserve Your Energy

You need all the calories you can get and put them to work towards your muscle growth, so avoid high volume work. You shouldn't be spending over an hour at the gym - go for high load work instead.

In short, get in the gym, train hard and get out fast!

Most workouts you'll see out there call for 20 sets or more. My workouts were only 10 to 12 (or less) sets but I lifted really heavy weights and pushed myself to the max.

With regards to Cardio, I've found that as long as you're eating smart, lean, wholesome foods, you won't need to worry about doing long hours of cardio work to avoid gaining stomach fat.

Do moderate intensity Cardio workouts twice a week to burn excess fat and keep your heart healthy, but as a hardgainer you're not advised to do too much cardio during your bulking phase.

Building Muscle Mass Rule #3: Forget isolated Exercises. Focus on doing Compound Exercises instead!

This is one of the biggest thing I learned from No Nonsense Muscle Building. The key to muscle growth is engaging your whole body as much as you can in every exercise you do.

Compound exercises are those that engage the main muscle groups altogether. Examples of compound exercises are Squats, Lunges, Rows, Presses, body lifts and Deadlifts.

If you reflect for a moment and think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Compound exercises make every muscle on your body bigger because they literally work your entire body. So I challenge you to just experiment with this one rule alone and I guarantee you that it will give you MASSIVE results.

Building Muscle Mass Rule #4: Get your Technique right

It's actually shocking how so many people have really bad technique. It's not just about the reps (quantity) but also the form (quality)!

As Vince Del Monte advocated, if you cheat form, you're only harming yourself. You must maintain proper technique throughout your weight lifting, not only to prevent injuries but also to see the muscular gains you're looking for.

If you're unsure what the proper form is for compound exercises, book a session with a personal trainer, watch weight training videos or find yourself a reputable mentor who can help you.

If you just started your weight training program, start by lifting light weights first. Learn correct technique first and then progressively add weight as your body gets stronger. To start I recommend only working out 3 times per week. As you get stronger you can intensify your load more and more.

Building Muscle Mass Rule #5: Get Adequate Rest

Never over-train and ensure you get enough rest in between your workouts. Remember that your muscles actually grow NOT during your workout but during your rest period.

Skinny guys like us need even more rest so make sure you abide by this rule or you'll just compromise yourself and end up not gaining the maximum benefits from your hard work!

How do you do this? Getting enough sleep is a good start. Avoid staying up late - in fact, try to get in bed before midnight. Studies have shown that we get a higher quality of rest if we sleep before midnight. So ditch the frequent all-nighters and minimize late night outs boozing with your buddies.

Conclusion

To sum up your new approach to your weight training sessions: get in the gym, train hard by doing Compound exercises using proper form, get out quick, eat the right foods every 2 to 4 hours in generous helpings, and get plenty of rest. Repeat this process over a few months with focus, determination and commitment and you will go from scrawny to brawny in no time at all - guaranteed!

Clement Yeung used to be underweight and discovered the most effective way to build muscles effectively without drugs or harmful and expensive supplements. He now shares everything he's learning in his blog made especially for Hardgainers who want to gain weight and build muscle.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Clement_R._Yeung

1 comment:

  1. T5RX But for some reason people like to drive them. Youll probably be given some advertisement for Nitric oxide supplement or Branch chain Amino acids and Muscle Building but none of to let been recognized to work. For true scientifically proven effectiveness for muscle building I is only able to recommend Creatine monohydrate. http://www.strongtesterone.com/t5rx/

    ReplyDelete

Share This Tipes